by Mary Gow
The highly impressive German Pianist Michael Endres will open the Mulled Wine
Concert program for 2019.
Michael performs worldwide as a soloist and chamber music partner. He graduated from Juilliard School in New York and studied with Peter Feuchtwanger in London. He has won prizes such as the Concours Geza Anda (Zurich) and First and Special Prizes at the International Schubert Competition (Germany) among others. His extensive prizewinning discography of 29 CD’s includes the prestigious Diapason d’or (France) which he was recently awarded for the third time and the Choc du Musique which he has won twice.
Michael has had a distinguished teaching career as Professor of Piano in Berlin, University of Canterbury, and Norway.
His solo recordings include cycles of the complete sonatas by Mozart, Schubert, the complete works of Ravel and Gershwin.
* In the USA he is described as “one of the most interesting pianists recording today”.
* The New York Times wrote: ”the performances with pianist Michael Endres were revelatory”
* Gramophone Magazine stated: “he is an outstanding Schubert interpreter”.
His Kapiti program includes:-
* Schubert: Sonata in D Major Opus 53 Gasteiner
* Ravel: Jeux d’eau
* Gershwin: 4 Song Transcriptions (Transcribed by Earl Wild) including Embraceable you and I got Rhythm
There will be other treats as well.
Venue: Raumati South Memorial Hall, Tennis Court Road. (This hall is easily accessed from SH1 via the Expressway turnoff northbound or the old SH1 at Poplar Avenue, Raumati South.)
Date: Sunday, 10 March 2019 at 2.30 pm
Pre-sales (until Friday 8 March) Adults $25, Students $15.
Door sales $30.
Tickets are available from Magpie at Paremata, 99 Mana Esplanade; D’Arcys Paekakariki Fruit Supply, 11 Beach Rd, Paekakariki; Milk and Ginger, 18 Margaret St, Raumati Beach; Moby Dicken’s Bookshop, Paraparaumu Beach; La Chic Hair Design, Kapiti Lights; Lovely Living, Waikanae.
For more information:- 04 902 2283 or 021 101 9609.