Candidate nominations are open from 15 July 2022 until 12 August 2022 at 12 noon.
The nomination process involves:
- Completing an official nomination form and sending to the council’s electoral officer.
- Nominations from two people. Candidates cannot nominate themselves, and people who nominate candidates must be over 18 years old and enrolled to vote in the area the candidate is planning to stand.
- Candidates must consent to their nomination going forward.
- A $200 deposit must be paid, which may be refunded depending on election results.
- Candidates must be New Zealand citizens.
A candidate handbook is downloadable here
Some announcements of intending candidates have been made already, and more will follow in the next 6 weeks.