Most of the water shown in the 1939 map in the Beach zone seems to have disappeared, replaced with small ponds and swamp. Much of the central zone seems to consist of “Scattered bush” and “Grass sandhills” and to the north of that “Flat marshy land”. Ngarara Road is shown as unsealed and Greenaway Road has been added, likewise as a gravel road. Waimea Road exists to serve the Motor Camp (see earlier posts). It’s not obvious why Waimeha Pt is shown as such except that the beach wasn’t as straight as it is now.