By Ian Bradford
Meeting in Glasgow
The COP26 conference on climate change is into its second week in Glasgow. The conference has been called “The last hope for the world”!! Many of the world leaders have been present plus numerous supporters. Some leaders are notable by their absence. These include President Putin of Russia and President Xi Jinping of China. In all, there will be somewhere between 20,000 and 25,000 attendees! The goal of COP26 is to address what they allege is a climate crisis. This comes a few months after the UN’s IPCC report which labelled global warming as “a code red for humanity”.
The claim that with humanity already struggling to cope with rising seas, more powerful storms, deadly heat waves and rapidly changing ecosystems needed to sustain life, the global summit in Glasgow opened on Monday 2 November with a series of desperate pleas for action from nations large and small.
- Here’s what President Biden said: “We only have a brief window before us to raise our ambitions to fight climate change.”
- The UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres said “Sea level rise has doubled from 30 years ago.” (It’s not clear what he meant by this. Did he mean the rate of sea level rise has doubled or has the amount the sea has risen doubled?)
- An indigenous activist said: “We have no more time.”
- Prince Charles called for a military style campaign to combat climate change. He described the conference as “the last chance saloon” to avoid the most severe effects of climate change.
- Here’s what our very own part-Maori climate activist India Logan-Riley said “The world’s climate crisis has its roots in colonialism.” “Maori and other indigenous people had been forced off their land so resources could be extracted.” she said. Two hundred and fifty years ago invading forces sent by the ancestors of this presidency (referring to Boris Johnson) arrived at my ancestors territories, heralding an age of violence, murder and destruction enabled by documents like the Document of Discovery formulated in Europe.
The conference has said they must stop a warming of 1.5 deg C by 2030, cut methane emissions by 30% and start planting trees after stopping all deforestation.
Actually the world is greening thanks to more CO2 in the atmosphere. In fact too, the figures show that wildfires are declining, floods are declining, severe storms are declining etc. But the IPCC never produces figures. Crop production is well up thanks to the increased CO2. This is needed to feed the growing world population.
It is disappointing that David Attenborough has been sucked in by this fraud. Even Prince Charles and the Queen are going along with it. Thank goodness David Bellamy recognised this fraud for what it is.
UN predicts disaster if global warming not checked
That’s a pretty scary heading. The account comes from Peter Spielman and is dated June 1989 – yes, 1989. Here’s some of what the UN said.
- A senior UN environmental official says entire nations could be wiped off the face of the Earth by rising sea levels if the global warming trend is not reversed by the year 2000.
- Coastal flooding and crop failures would create an exodus of eco refugees threatening political chaos said Noel Brown, director of the New York office of the UN Environmental Programme or UNEP.
- He said governments had a ten year window of opportunity to solve the greenhouse effect before it goes beyond human control, (that’s by the year 2000).
- As the warming melts polar icecaps, ocean levels will rise up to three feet, (that’s almost a metre), enough to cover the Maldives and other flat island nations said Brown. Coastal regions will be inundated. One sixth of Bangladesh could be flooded and a quarter of its 90 million people will be displaced. A fifth of Egypt’s arable land in the Nile Delta would be flooded cutting off its food supply…. and on it goes.
- The UN then formed the IPCC, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, which became its mouthpiece. The IPCC predicted 50 million would be displaced by rising sea levels by 2015. When this didn’t happen they then predicted the same for 2020. At one stage they said all Pacific Islanders would have to move to New Zealand.
Did any of this happen – NO, of course it didn’t. It was a load of scaremongering rubbish. Did they in fact have a 10 year window to solve the greenhouse effect? No, because there wasn’t a problem to solve. At the Glasgow conference they are at it again. Activists are saying we have a 7 year window to stop a temperature rise of 1.5 deg C. This scaremongering goes on and on.
Since the Industrial Revolution, 170 years ago, we have had an earth temperature rise of 1deg C. That’s a rate of 1/170 deg per year. That’s 0.006deg C per year. In seven years we will have at that rate a temperature rise of 0.042 deg C. Of course the fraudsters will say that by putting more CO2 into the air we are increasing the rate of temperature rise.
Laboratory experiments clearly show that increasing the concentration of CO2 does not produce any more heat.
Based on the 1989 report and subsequent reports, none of which happened, how can we believe anything the IPCC says?
Sea level rises
As far as sea level goes, sea level started to rise after the last ice age. It has risen about 150 metres since then. We are nearing the end of that rise now. The current rate of sea level rise is 1.8 mm per year. This rate is decreasing. Even at this rate the rise in sea level by the year 2100 will be a bit over 5 inches (127 mm). We cannot do anything about it. This is a natural phenomenon. It is not human made.
So our part-Maori activist who somehow got to speak, couldn’t resist blaming colonialism for our climate troubles. What absolute rubbish. Then she went on to say “that invading forces arrived at my ancestors’ territory, heralding an age of violence, murder, and destruction.” What a pity someone was not there to correct this diatribe.
They could have told of the continual wars between tribes pre–Treaty, and slavery, and cannibalism, with many prisoners being eaten and the killing of female children, as they were no use in war. In all, some 40,000 Maori were killed in the tribal wars.
The findings of retired physicists
In recent times I have read several reports from retired physicists. They are able to refute the climate scare because they are retired, and have no fear of losing their research grants or their jobs. Hundreds, if not thousands have lost their jobs because they dared question the authenticity of global warming being caused by humans. I have worked through these reports. The physicists have looked at the physics of greenhouse gases namely CO2 and CH4 (methane). All have used the laws of radiation and the laws of thermodynamics. They all come to the same conclusion.
Carbon dioxide and methane in the atmosphere, cannot warm the earth. It is physically not possible for these two gases to heat the earth.
In an earlier article in Waikanae Watch I listed the natural phenomena that caused climate. So I won’t repeat them here. One physicist suggests the depletion of the ozone layer has caused at least some of the warming. Depletion was caused by the excessive use of CFC’s, which were phased out after the Montreal protocol. Volcanoes which have lava flows rather than being explosive also cause ozone depletion. Ozone depletion lets more Ultra Violet radiation through to the earth which can warm it.
I have indicated before that this fraud is being perpetrated by the UN. The UN wants to be the world government. The UN consists of about 200 members of which about 130 are termed developing nations. So the developing nations always win the vote as they hold the majority. The idea is to distribute the wealth so to make the “rich” countries poor and the developing nations rich.
The Malawi President at the Glasgow conference said “Wealthy nations failure to meet financial pledges spells out death and destruction.” Developing nations want wealthy industrial countries to pay for the damage already caused by climate change. New Zealand is a “rich” country. This redistribution of wealth is already happening. At the Paris agreement rich countries agreed to provide $100 billion a year to developing countries for climate. At the Glasgow conference China and India have asked for $1 trillion to reduce CO2 emissions. China and India are regarded as developing countries. How many New Zealanders know that Ardern has already given $300 million to developing countries and has just pledged through Climate Change Minister James Shaw a further $1.3 billion? NZ simply cannot afford to do this.
Giving a retired physicist the last words
I shall leave the final words to one of the retired physicists.
“Neither atmospheric CO2 nor atmospheric methane have any power to raise Earth surface temperatures above what solar radiation does. It’s a fake physics hoax. All calculations of tons of atmospheric “carbon” emitted by engines, smokestacks, living things etc are irrelevant to climate, as are methane emissions including cow farts. Atmospheric CO2 is only a trace component , 400 parts per million, or 0.04% of the atmosphere. So for every one CO2 molecule in the atmosphere there are 2500 other molecules. This is growing at 2-3 ppm per year. (The atmosphere weighs 5.5 quadrillion tonnes and CO2 emissions were 36.4 billion tonnes in 2019).”
“Greenhouse gas-driven global warming is a just a frame-up by the hard-core global Marxists at the UN/IPCC to soften people up to their demands for trillions to redistribute wealth from wealthy to poor countries for their idea of Marxist social-racial justice.
It’s pure evil because it would kill the goose that lays the golden egg, shutting down the engine of capitalism fuelled by fossil fuels that has produced all the wealth of the West.
Just like in Vietnam, the Communists framed landowners on being evil to execute them and distribute their land to the poor, ending up in everybody being poor. This time they know that Westerners won’t buy that programme if sold honestly so they are trying to trick them with a hoax. Don’t fall for it. Keep what you earned and tell them to buzz off.”
Messages for Kiwis
Dairy and beef farmers do not worry about methane which is about 0.00017% of the atmosphere. It is NOT causing global warming nor adverse weather events.
To the general public I say keep driving petrol vehicles. Most are fitted with catalytic converters which produce only water and CO2 out the exhaust.
CO2 is NOT causing global warming nor any adverse weather events. CO2 is not a poisonous gas nor a pollutant. More CO2 is needed to boost crop production to feed the world.