by Dr. Hylton Le Grice CNZM, OBE
The position in New Zealand is really quite simple.
‘Māori’ are said to be 16% of the population, but this is entirely incorrect because, most of those people who say they are ‘Māori’ have less than 50% Māori genetic background. However, let’s be generous here and say that perhaps one eighth of these people have more 50% or more Māori genes in their makeup.
That means that only 2% of our population, about 100,000, have the technical right to call themselves Māori. The other 14% illogically deny the majority of their genetic background. This is simply irrational and could not stand up in a balanced debate.
Why do these people then deny the majority of their genes? I am 1/4 Scottish, 1/4 English, and say 1/16th French — but I do not call myself French, Scottish or English. I am simply a New Zealand citizen who has one vote, in what until very recently was one of the great democracies in the world — and a country where females were first given the vote.
There can be only one reason for that 14% of the population who dishonestly call themselves Māori in having less than a preponderance of Māori genes — and that is that they wish to part of a society that for some dishonest reason gives them advantages that the vast majority of New Zealanders do not have:
• Their group get special seats in Parliament — where the Royal Commission on Electoral Reform which introduced MMP voting, said should be abolished
• Their so called ‘Māori’ businesses and property get privileged Tax and Rates reductions — often they pay Nothing!
• They get privileged entry to University where in a competitive situation, the % marks gained in entrance examinations are set at an unjust lower level. For instance a set number of people with much less than 50% Māori generic background (as low as 1% if established) can gain entry to Medical School with 70% marks! Compare this where recently a third generation non-Māori who wanted to follow his Father & Grandfather as a surgeon, was denied entry to the Medical School with marks of not 70% — but in excess of 94%!
• In a disgraceful situation where English is often the Official International Language (to pilot an aircraft landing in Croatia you can’t talk Croatian, you must speak fluent English) we have unbelievably in NZ 50% (perhaps more) of school leavers who have inadequate abilities in spoken or written English — and yet this present Government intends laughably to make the teaching of Te Reo Māori, a compulsory subject, and are spending many millions of Ttaxpayer money on this project. This is so irresponsible and irrational, but the presently ‘woke’ National Party as the Government’s official ‘opposition’ seemingly does not to ever want to dispute this situation. The only way for people to progress in the world and to benefit NZ is to be able to speak, write, and read English — to a high standard.
• At the present time this corrupt Government is creating a Health Service where ‘so called’ Māori will get preferential treatment ahead of all other New Zealand citizens. This is immoral, irrational, ‘racist’, and against all the principles of Hippocrates.
And so the list goes on — where supposedly disadvantaged ‘Māori’ with as little as as 1% of Māori genetic background become one of the most privileged group of people in the world.
How could any average, honest, hard working, New Zealander possibly tolerate a situation, that has neo-Marxist connotations to it. Perhaps this is understandable with our Prime Minister previously having been the President of the Marxist Socialist Youth International.
What we have is unacceptable racist outrage — where it must be understood that no racist society in the world has ever survived.