(Stats NZ media release)
26 October 2022
Increasing prices were widely felt across all household groups in the September 2022 quarter, Stats NZ said today.
The cost of living for the average household, (as measured by the household living-costs price indexes) increased by 7.7 percent in the September 2022 quarter when compared with the September 2021 quarter. All household groups faced their highest or equal-highest annual cost-of-living increase since the series began in 2008.
Inflation experienced from the September 2021 quarter to the September 2022 quarter:
- all households was 7.7 percent
- beneficiary was 6.5 percent
- Māori was 7.7 percent
- superannuitant was 6.8 percent
- highest-spending households was 8.8 percent
- lowest-spending households was 6.5 percent.
Visit our website to read this news story and information release or to download CSV files: