A new painting by Wallace Trickett of Otaki. This was in the Northern Steam Ship Company fleet from 1938 to 1950 and was fairly typical of the small coastal trading vessels that were a feature of the NZ maritime scene until the 1960s–1970s.
Info from the NZ Maritime Index:
Builder: J. Fullerton, Paisley
Official Number: 108078
Tonnage: 249 gross
1902: built as a steamer for J.H. Williams, Wellington.
1904: sold to Patea Shipping Company Limited.
1919: passed to Coastal Shipping Co. Ltd, Wellington.
1930: converted to motor ship.
1938: sold to Northern Steam Ship Company.
1950: sold to E. Savoie, Noumea and renamed El Retiro.
1952: sold to D. Gubbay, Noumea.
1953: May 6th wrecked in Segond Channel, Santo Island, New Hebrides.