From 2009

The family of a Mataura possum hunter who died from 1080 poisoning 43 years ago want his death publicly acknowledged by the Department of Conservation and Animal Health Board. Both agencies say no-one has died of accidental 1080 poisoning in New Zealand. But Ian Buchanan’s widow, 69-year-old Elva Wicks, of Invercargill, said […]

via Did you know that a NZ man died from 1080 poisoning in 1966? … his family is still waiting for NZ authorities to acknowledge this — Rangitikei Enviromental Health Watch