The public announcement of the plans was made last Friday. We had seen this ‘display suite’ being built next to the sidewalk, but it didn’t look remarkable so didn’t inquire of the workmen what was happening. The site is that of the hitherto Ariki Lodge motel.
The street is an industrial one and the main issue will be the building’s height — will 3 stories affect neighbours’ morning sun (maybe), view (probably not from what looks to be the case on the map) and privacy? (maybe again). Traffic volume in a busy street on weekdays will be impacted with 29 apartments, three times the number of existing motel units.
From the Realtor’s website:
This view is that from the street.
“Our Display Suite is open 10am — 4pm daily, on-site at 4 Omahi Street, Waikanae.
Embrace a lifestyle of laidback luxury where ease, convenience and sophisticated living become part of your everyday. Presenting something new and exciting for the Kapiti Coast, Vale delivers a boutique collection of beautifully appointed residences of rare quality and craftsmanship. Start your new chapter here.
Exuding an ambience of peace and serenity, Vale’s 29 apartments and penthouses off-the-plans have been architecturally designed for effortless indoor/outdoor living, with private courtyards and terraces making the most of a sun-drenched northerly aspect. Designed with accessibility and security in mind, the fully gated site is graced with a host of thoughtful features such as parking with lift access, convenient mobility scooter parking with charging stations and onsite bike storage.
- One to Four bedroom apartment options and Penthouses
- Single-level apartments
- Generous outdoor entertaining spaces
- Shared Tesla and E-Bikes for residents
- Central Waikanae Location – everything on your doorstep
- Accessible features catering to downsizers with lift, wide pathways, level entrances and slip resistant floors plus many more options as required
- Fully secure site with car, bike and mobility scooter parking and charging stations
- Accessible car parking options
- 10% Deposit and nothing to pay until 2024**
- Architecturally designed by Designgroup Stapleton Elliott & Shanahan Architects
For more information, please contact one of our agents or visit our on-site Display Suite located at 4 Omahi Street, Waikanae.
Apartments that will be 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and 140m² Floor area seem to be Enquiries over $1,748,000
Apartments that will be 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and 92m² Floor area seem to be Enquiries over $1,190,000
The 214m² Floor area penthouses are listed at inquiries over $3 million — is that a record for the town?